Need to do some research? MasterFile Complete is your go-to database for information on a variety of topics.
- Nearly 2,300 full-text magazines and journals
- More than 350 full-text reference books
- More than 55,100 full-text primary source documents
- More than 1.9 million photos, maps and flags
- More than 75,000 videos from the Associated Press (AP)
How do I access MasterFILE Complete?
Follow the link found on our Research Tools page and sign in using your library card number. If you do not know your library card number, contact the library and library staff will assist you.
How do I create a My EBSCOhost account?
You don’t have to create a My EBSCOhost account to use Masterfile Complete, but creating an account will allow you to save your search results and set search preferences. Just click “sign in” on the top right and follow the prompts from there.
What are my search options?
- Basic Search. The Basic Search Screen lets you create a search with limiters, expanders, and Boolean operators. Enter any words into the search bar to get started.
- Advanced Search. EBSCO research interfaces allow users to conduct advanced searches using a Single Find field.
- Advanced Search – Guided Style. EBSCO research interfaces allow users to conduct advanced searches using Guided-Style Find fields. Guided-Style Find fields assist you in creating a more targeted search.
To see a list of publications you can browse, select “Publications” up at the top. If you want to find a specific journal, make sure to use the lower search bar. To read the issues, you must click on the date to the right of the screen and pick an issue that way. Then you’ll have a choice to read the articles in HTML (like a web page) or PDF (download).
Can I set preferences for my search results?
Yes. Setting Preferences allows you to control the look and feel of the Result List. The selections you make on the Preferences Screen can be saved to your personal account (My EBSCOhost) and retrieved for use at any time. Once you sign in to My EBSCOhost, your personal preferences are applied. And, if you make changes to your preferences, those changes are saved for future use.
Can I print articles?
Yes. To print an item in PDF Full Text format, you must use the Adobe Reader Print option.
Can I email articles?
Yes. If you are e-mailing an article that includes Linked Full Text, you must follow the links directly to the Full Text and then email it. Otherwise, only the citation and any available HTML Full Text will be sent. If you follow the links to the Full Text and it is PDF format, the PDF will be sent as an attachment to the e-mail.
Can I save articles?
Yes. When you have a personal My EBSCOhost account, you have your own personal folder to collect and store information across sessions. All the items you save to your personal folder remain in your folder until you remove them. Only you can access your My EBSCOhost folder.
How do I cite sources obtained from MasterFILE Complete?
MasterFILE Complete will provide citations for you. Just choose the citation style you need and copy and paste the citation into your bibliography.
Can I view my search history?
Yes. All searches performed on the Advanced Search during your session are available from the Search History/Alerts Screen. You can combine recent searches and retrieve previous searches saved in your personal folder. Click here to learn how.