Health & Nutrition
- Healthy Children.org from the American Academy of Pediatrics
- Infant Risk Center dedicated to providing up-to-date information on the use of medications during pregnancy and breastfeeding
- The Mouth Monsters from the American Academy of Pediatric Dentistry
- National Institute of Child Health and Human Development
- PACER Center – Champions for Children with Disabilities
- Born Learning is a public engagement campaign from the United Way that helps caregivers explore ways to turn everyday moments into fun learning opportunities.
- Colorin Colorado – A bilingual site for educators and families of English language learners
- DaybyDayVA Family literacy calendar.
- Get Ready To Read
- Get Set 4 K – Charlotte-Mecklenburg Library’s month-by-month guide to kindergarten readiness
- Reading Rockets – A free subscription will bring you access to videos and podcasts, booklists, tips on helping struggling readers, free reading guides, and topics from A to Z that offer help.
- Read Write Think
- Vroom This early literacy app was created by Center of the Developing Child at Harvard University.
- What Do We Do All Day
- The Bump – A website for everything pregnancy
- The Center on the Developing Child from Harvard University researches early childhood development, reaching for breakthroughs with science-based innovation, and shares their findings and best practices.
- Child and Family WebGuide
- Common Sense Media – expert reviews, objective advice, and helpful tools
- Developmental Milestones (From CDC Website)
- Mommy Poppins – shares activities that aren’t just pleasant time passers, but promise enriching experiences for your family.
- PACER Kids Against Bullying
- Potty Training Resources from Potty Genius
- Zero to Three is a nonprofit organization that informs, educates, and supports adults who influence the lives of babies and toddlers. Pages for parents include information on sleep, brain development, health & nutrition, and temperament & behavior.