Limited-Time Free Resources
Gale In Context: College offers interdisciplinary content for undergraduate students that reinforces skill development in problem-solving, communication, collaboration, creativity, and innovation.
Gale In Context: High School provides grades 9–12 with content aligned to national and state curriculum standards to help with papers, projects, and presentations, while empowering student development of critical thinking and information literacy skills.
America’s Test Kitchen. Create your next culinary masterpiece with America’s Test Kitchen. A special collection of 50 free recipes covering pantry meals, make and freeze, baking projects, and more.
Virginia’s Blue Ridge: Worth the Wait. A variety of virtual, interactive, and educational opportunities to learn more about the region.
- Australian body coach Joe Wicks hosts daily YouTube workouts for kids and families.
- Even adults need art therapy. Download this free adult coloring book from Flipster.
- Harry Potter fans can try breaking out of this Hogwarts Digital Escape Room, created by Sydney Krawiec, Youth Services Librarian at Peters Township Public Library in McMurray, PA.
- Information On Infectious Disease. The Great Courses online platform is offering free access to their courses on infectious diseases and a video on the coronavirus outbreak.
- Free Access, Special Offers from OUP. Oxford University Press has set up a page with a variety of special offers to its content in response to the pandemic.
- MIT Press Offers Free Virtual Book Talks. The MIT Press is launching MIT Press Live, a series of online events featuring leading researchers discussing a variety of topics, among them critical thinking, social justice, hashtag activism, and even the search for extraterrestials. The series will launch on March 31.
- University Presses Offer Free Access to Journals, E-books: Many universities are making their resources accessible for free for the remainder of the spring semester to both students and the general public via the Project MUSE platform.
- National Geographic Learning is offering free access to AP®practice exams from our Fast Track to a 5 AP® Test Preparation workbooks.
- Volunteer to transcribe documents from the Library of Congress.
YMCA 360 Whether it’s a current Y favorite or something new to you, YMCA 360 matches your lifestyle with a growing library of online videos for you and your family. Take part in group fitness classes for all ages right from home.
The following links will download the files directly to your computer.
College Admissions Test Prep Resources from EBSCO LearningExpress®
(free access through June 30, 2020)
● ACT® Flash Review
● ACT® Power Practice
● ACT® Word Games
● AP® Biology Flash Review
● AP® Calculus AB Study Guide● New!AP® Calculus BC Study Guide● AP® Chemistry Study Guide
● AP® Computer Science A Study Guide
● AP® English Literature and Composition Study Guide
● AP® European History Study Guide
● AP® Statistics Study Guide
● AP® U.S. Government Study Guide
● AP® U.S. History Flash Review
● SAT® Math Success in 20 Minutes a Day
GED® Test Preparation Resources from EBSCO LearningExpress
(free access through June 30, 2020)
● GED® Test Preparation
● GED® Test Flash Review
● GED® Test Prep Reasoning Through Language Arts Review
● GED® Math Flash Review
● GED® Science Flash Review
● GED® Social Studies Flash Review
● GED® Práctica Integral para la Prueba GED
● GED® Revisión de Razonamiento a Traves de las Artes del Lenguaje
● GED® Revisión de Razonamiento Matemático