Donate Books and Media
What we accept
Give your gently-used books, DVDs and CDs a new home! Recent bestsellers are our highest need currently, but we also take older books, DVDs and CDs. If we don’t need the items in our library collection, we give them to the Friends of the Library (our non-profit support group) to sell so they can donate the proceeds toward other library needs.
What we don’t take
Because the material becomes quickly dated and/or does not sell well, we cannot accept textbooks, encyclopedias, magazines and many reference-type books. We also do not take obsolete media, such as VHS and cassette tapes.
How to donate
If you wish to donate materials, please call or email your local branch to ask about dropping off items. We may ask:
- Approximately how many books/boxes/bags you’ll be dropping off.
- If you would like a donation receipt for a charitable contribution tax deduction.
Donations can be dropped off during library open hours, including curbside hours.
While we do not have our own foundation (yet), our Friends of the Library always accept donations of any amount.
Join the Friends of the Library!
- Blue Ridge Friends of the Library
- Buchanan Friends of the Library
- Eagle Rock Friends of the Library
- Fincastle Friends of the Library
Shop through AmazonSmile
Shop through AmazonSmile (search for Botecourt* County Friends of the Library) and Amazon will donate a portion of your purchases to the Botetourt County Friends of the Library.
* Yes, there is a typo in the name!