Meeting Room Reservation Policy
BOTETOURT COUNTY LIBRARIES
MEETING ROOM RESERVATION POLICY
Botetourt County Library’s meeting rooms provide opportunities for organizations and groups to reserve a meeting space when the rooms are not needed for activities sponsored in whole or in part by the library. Room reservation is on a first-come, first served basis.
All organizations that wish to reserve a meeting room must pay a fee in advance with the following exceptions: Botetourt County government and federal, state and local educational institutions.
Non-Commercial Organizations – $5 for up to four hours per reservation
Commercial Organizations – $25 for up to four hours per reservation
Custodial Fees – $20 per hour if room requires cleaning after use
The Library Board reserves the right to waive fees.
Any group whose stated or known policies discriminate with regard to race, religion, and ethnic origin will not be allowed to use the library meeting rooms.
The fact that an organization is permitted to use a meeting room does not in any way constitute an endorsement of the organization’s policies or beliefs by the library staff, the Library Board, or the government of Botetourt County.
Meeting rooms shall be open to the public at all times except for lawful closed sessions of governmental bodies.
• Organizations wishing to reserve a meeting room must complete an application form.
• Completion of an application form does not guarantee a room reservation.
• Applicants who wish to reserve a room must be at least 18 years old.
• Applications must be received at least forty-eight (48) hours before the requested meeting date.
• Fees must be paid prior to use of a room.
• Applicants who wish to use a room on more than one occasion must renew their application on an annual basis or as requested. No organization is granted regular use of a meeting room for an indefinite time.
• The library will make reasonable accommodation in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). We request that the applicant give us notice of requested accommodations at least 72 hours in advance. For information or assistance please contact the library staff.
• Applicants who cancel meetings shall inform the library prior to the scheduled meeting time.
- All meetings at the Blue Ridge Library and Buchanan Library are to be held during normal library hours and must conclude ten (10) minutes prior to the time the library closes except with special permission. Meetings at the Eagle Rock Library and Fincastle Library may take place after library hours with permission.
- The library staff is not responsible for setting up a meeting room or for resetting it after a meeting.
- Rooms must be left in good order at the conclusion of a meeting and must be reconfigured to the original appearance.
- Any damage to the library premises or equipment as a result of use must be paid for by the organization using the room.
- No smoking or use of alcoholic beverages is permitted in the meeting room or other parts of the library.
- Groups consisting of youth under the age of eighteen (18) must be chaperoned by at least two adults.
- The library assumes no responsibility for private property used on the library premises or left in the library after a meeting.
- The library is not responsible for accidents.
- Meeting room capacity must be observed at all times during a meeting. The library staff reserves the right to halt any meeting with an overflow crowd.
- Organizations using the room may not charge admission or ask for donations.
- The library does not require personal information from program attendees.
- Selling of goods and services is prohibited with the exception of activities related to the Botetourt County Library, the County of Botetourt, Friends of the Botetourt County Library, and state educational institutions.
- Appropriate attire must we worn at all times.
- Private social functions such as birthday parties, wedding showers, etc., are not permitted.
- Light refreshments may be served.
- The library reserves the right to have law enforcement present at any meeting.
- The library reserves the right to monitor all meetings held on its premises.
- Any advertisements for an event at the library must identify the organization or organization sponsor and the purpose of the meeting.
- If the library is closed because of weather or unforeseen circumstances, the use of the meeting room is cancelled and the registrant will be notified as soon as possible.
MAXIMUM MEETING ROOM CAPACITY:
Blue Ridge Library – 49
Buchanan Library – 49
Eagle Rock Library – 90
Fincastle Library – 90
Note: Seating capacity is reduced by at least one-third when tables are used.
Approved by Library Board of Trustees, August 8, 2018